DEVELOPING JOINT MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN EUROPEAN STUDIES: LAW, GOVERNANCE AND COMMUNICATION/ DEGES
Developing Joint Master’s degree programme in European Studies: Law, Governance and Communication/DEGES/ is a project implemented by the Yerevan State University in cooperation with five universities from Armenia, Georgia, Germany, Latvia and Lithuania.
The main aim of the project is to develop and design fully functional new interdisciplinary and innovative Erasmus Mundus joint master programme in accordance with the Standards for Quality Assurance of Joint programmes in the EHEA that can be accredited by national and/or international quality assurance agency.
The Project will (i) promote modernisation and internationalisation of programme curriculum, (ii) help to develop system supporting admission of international students and their inclusion into university life, (iii) enhance network of universities, academics and researchers and their integration into European Higher Education Area, (iv) to enhance internationalisation of higher education through implementation of transnational project.
Throughout project implementation a series of events are planned including capacity building trainings for academic staff, workshops and events with participation of stakeholder/s, policymaker/s, labour market representatives, academia. The final results of the project will be presented during final conference with participation of programme beneficiaries,
stakeholders, students and policy makers.
(1) to identify existing gaps and challenges in establishing joint master programme in target universities,
(2) to promote innovation by introducing new methods in teaching, learning and research;
(3) to foster internationalisation of participating universities by promoting project outcomes;
(4) to develop European quality interdisciplinary programme granting double/multiple degrees.
The project will contribute to (1) modernisation of European Studies teaching in partner countries, Armenia and Georgia, (2) enhancement of quality assurance at all universities and promotion of internationalisation of universities and programme.
Programme Coordinator: Yerevan State University, Centre for European Studies
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, Latvia
- Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Other European universities
Project number: 101082758 – DEGES ERASMUS-EDU-2022-EMJM-DESIGN